Your chakras are important energy centers in your body. While different traditions cite different numbers of chakras, the number seven is most widely used today. These seven chakras are wheels of energy that run up and down your spine, starting from the base of your spine and working all the way up and out at the crown of your head.
Each chakra serves a different purpose and represents a different aspect of your health and well being. Many illnesses, as well as depression, discontent, lack of energy, etc., are believed to be caused by blocks in your chakra system.
When the energy in your body can’t move freely up and down your spine, it wreaks havoc on your health and your life.
Here are five ways you can take care of the health of your chakras.
- Practice Yoga. Yoga is designed to work on the health of all of your chakras, helping you to free stuck energy and heal any imbalances in your body.
- Breathe Deep. We breathe so many times each day and yet we very rarely notice it. Taking a few minutes to breathe deeply and consciously can do wonders for your mental and physical well-being.
- Get Outside. Connecting with nature on a regular basis helps to correct an imbalanced chakra system, especially any issues with your first chakra.
- Sing. Singing can release stuck energy, especially that around your throat chakra. It’s a great way to improve your mood too!
- Meditate. Bringing your mind into a place of focus can help you become aware of where imbalances with your chakras are happening. Meditation also works to open your seventh chakra at the crown of your head.
Share the love. These are easy techniques to get your focus in the right direction. What are other ways to care for your chakras and keeping them in balance?